We got that the ambient light reading was 1/60 F2.8 ISO 100Using then the lights (in our case the ranger kits) we used the same settings but changed the shutter speed- this case it was 1/30 F2.8 ISO 100, which made the ambient light lighter (look in background)

We then changed the shutter speed again so the settings were 1/180 F2.8 ISO 100, which made the ambient light darker (look in background)
From this we learnt that changing the shutter speed controls the ambient light, and that most cameras can't go over 1/250 shutter speed or the flash starts to go out of sync.
Just some experimenting we done moving to different places to get different ambient light readings and then playing about with the placement of the lights.
This workshop really helped me as I wasn't overly confident with this before but not I feel as though I understand and would feel ok with doing a photo shoot in the new daylight studio.



No comments:
Post a Comment