Saturday, 9 November 2013

LONDON continued...

Other galleries I visited on the day that inspired me were in the Science Museum (which I had never gone in before so that was interesting) there was a show showing Tony Ray-Jones and Martin Parr's work.


This particular photo stood out to me-called 'beachy head boat trip'- a couple connected surrounded by unconnected people.


He also took photos in yarmouth which I thought was cool as we are so close to it.
Martin Parr said how Tony Ray-Jones probably didn't realise how well he was spacing out the people in his photographs and how even though there was space it still manages to draw itself back into the photograph- this links with my photos for the BA4 brief and how i'm trying different spacing in my own photos, especially concentrating on negative space.
I like how Tony Ray-Jones uses people as layers, building depth in the photo.






We also went to the Victoria & Albert museum (another one I hadn't been to) and looked around there at a photography exhibit which I did find interesting but I was more inspired by the 'Club to catwalk' exhibit they had which was about London fashion in the 1980's. I'm a big fan of the 80's and I found it quite fascinating and much more inspirational when it came to my portraits what with the striking make-up etc.



What I got from today was the drive to go visit more galleries in London, whether they're showing really well known photographers work or up and coming photographers. Also I got more ideas for BA4- not only from the galleries and photography work but from walking about the busy culture filled streets of London.

No comments:

Post a Comment