Friday, 1 November 2013

1st November Group Crit

After looking at some of my work that I had been producing my group helped me to gain some inspiration to further my work and ideas….

Firstly for still life they said about looking into more advertising photographers that are also fashion related, and they said about Benoît Audureau


I actually really liked his work and found myself being inspired by his use of white negative space so the items the photo is advertising look much more appealing and stand out from the page, the products also look beautiful which is what I want to do with my Chanel bottle.




Next we went onto landscape and I was explaining my ideas of negative space and simplicity, something stunning to look at and someone mentioned William Egglestons landscapes.




Even though his work is in colour it is very similar to what I want to eventually achieve- the negative and positive space, leading lines, quite stylistic… I could imagine these portraits to look just as good in black and white as well.




They also said about playing around with the exposure offset on photoshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment