After looking closely into the aesthetics of the film 'Coco Before Chanel' as my main inspiration for BA4 (more detail in my visual logbook) I started to consider what props/costume/make-up I would need in my portraits for my models. I wanted the look to have a sort of stereotype of french fashion and style about it so I started to look at the iconography and what we would associate it with.
(I also kept in mind what would work well when it comes to editing my images from colour into black and white).
I looked at clothes that are classic looking as well as smart but still has a youthfulness about them.
 |
| Still from 'Coco Before Chanel' |
I found that the breton top is very traditional of french fashion and is also worn in the film. I think the stripes of the top will give that extra contrast with the black and white and will add texture if I was to have a lot of space in the portrait as well.
 |
| Also took inspiration from 60's fashion and era |
Saw this on topshops website and instantly thought of how I wanted something similar in my own portrait shoots - they even say how the top has a 'french twist'.
No comments:
Post a Comment